Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Shortest Email Devotional in the World Pt 1

The following is a copy of the Thomas Question email devotional. You can subscribe to the email edition from our website and tune into our podcast.

I'm not being trite with this - or even time strapped. I just think we sometimes lose the power of a simple truth in the embroidery we wrap around it. So no embroidery. Just a simple admission: I realized this past week that most of my prayers could be summed up in this one sentence: "God, give me what I want to make my life easier." Is that also true for you?

Most of His passion for us can be summed up in this one sentence: "I long to give you all of what you need to make your life better." And our lives will be lived in the tension between those two very different interests: what we want to make it easy and what we need to make it better. Which do you choose?

Need to catch up on missed Sundays? Visit our website and tune into our podcast.

I hope to see you Sunday, and I hope you bring someone with you,

CSW
LAST SUNDAY
Are you fully invested? Your investment has the power to turn even the simplest things into more than you expect. How do you get fully invested? Visit our website and tune into our podcast.

THIS SUNDAY
How to Have a God and are you sure it's a God you've got?

6 TIMES 2
We haven't taken a single step, yet, to let Oakville know we exist. It's because we've been working on the inside of a great church first. But the time is coming. We'll need 6 teams of 2 people to take a simple first step. Why not you?

DON'T FORGET
There are thousands of great churches all over Canada for people who've already made up their minds. Let's be the single best destination for the even larger number of people who haven't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home